Monday, February 13, 2012

Finally an Outdoor Run!

I really don't know how to get started but here goes... 

The plan is to write about running, food/tasty recipes and a bit about the handcrafts I'm into, which mostly includes knitting and bobbin-lace making (Klöppeln) these days (I'm not really experienced at either and I'm still at the very beginner stages in the lace making - however I think it's pretty nifty since I'd never even seen it before coming to Saxony and just had to get a better idea of how it's done).

My next running goal is the Oberelbe (Marathon) 10km in Dresden on April 29th. Since I joined the gym about a month ago and started getting into running again last week I'm still at the optimistic and very motivated phase. It really helps that I finally went for a run outside today. It warmed up a bit and I figured that that's as good of a reason as any to get away from the treadmill and test out the snow packed sidewalks. Plus I threw some potatoes in the oven beforehand so I was thinking about the delicious lunch waiting for me when I arrived back home! Maybe that's why I only ended up running 4.5km instead of my planned 5... I really didn't know how far I'd gone until I was back home though. 

Herring, tomatoes and oven roasted potatoes for lunch!

Current work in progress
Then I packed up my stuff and got ready to go to my lace-making class. I'm such a beginner so I'm still working on the basics stitches but maybe someday I'll get to make something more impressive. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is what it looks like (or at least based on the technique in this region):




No comments:

Post a Comment